Toxins in Consumer Products
Monday, June 28, 2010
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
H. Lee Dennison Building, Hauppauge
Guest Speaker :
Kate Winnebeck, Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies and New York State Pollution Prevention Institute, in associated with Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Why are phthalates, Bisphenol-A (BPA), and heavy metals used in consumer products?
- What are the potential human health and environmental effects of the use of these products?
- What can be done to avoid them?
- How does the new Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, regarding chemicals in children’s articles and toys, affect consumers?
- What consumer products have been tested and contain toxic chemicals?
Space is limited to SC Employees – Lunch & Learn
Office of Cancer Awareness & Environmental Assessment Suffolk County Department of Environment & Energy